Monday, September 12

Playing with dyes.... again


Here's a new batch of yarn I hand dyed with food colourings over the weekend. I'm still stunned with how well the yarn catches colours. I have to say that I get better results with the food colourings than with the normal, quite toxic dyes.

The first two from the right side are merino/silk yarn and I dyed them for new shawls I have in plans. The other two are nice and soft angora yarn, this time for cute stripped mittens and a matching hat, maybe there will be enough for a cowl as well.


I wish I could spare more time for knitting, dyeing and other crafts but it's quite difficult to do with my day job (which I really like). Can't wait to be retired and to have all days for my hobbies only.... but that will probably happen in 40+ years so all I can do now is to cut one more hour of sleep and spend
it on things I love.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I just dyed some yarn yesterday with food dye..........did you hear the squeals of delight when I lifted it out.......awesome! Who knew it would work so well! Love your colours especially the green.

Marta said...

It felt like Christmas when I lifted mine out :-) Had no idea food colourings can produce such great results!

Mombuc said...

I'm in love with the addi rectangular shawl... Pattern is unavailable.. I've bought pattern after pattern, book after book... This is the one is like to use my cashsilk on.... Any way I can purchase this pattern??????
Cathy